March 25, 2011
MEMORANDUM FOR Chief Human Capital Officers
FROM: Christine M. Griffin
SUBJECT: Database of Candidates with Disabilities
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has partnered with Bender Consulting Services to provide a list of candidates with disabilities who are eligible to be hired through the Schedule A hiring appointment. This service is provided for free to all federal agencies. The OPM Shared List of People with Disabilities is now hosted online on the MAX Federal Community. The new and improved features of this shared list include:
- Easy search capability
- Real-time updates as new candidates are added to the database
- Ability to view resumes online
The MAX Federal Community is hosted by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and includes several other Federal communities, in addition to Human Capital. All federal government employees are eligible to use the Community to share knowledge and information among and between agencies. Over 40,000 Feds are already using MAX today!
Individuals who are already utilizing the OPM Shared List of People with Disabilities will receive e-mails inviting them to access the MAX Federal Community. New users can gain access to the Shared List by completing the following steps:
Step 1: Join the OPM Shared List of People with Disabilities Contact Group
1. If you already have a MAX account, you will automatically be added to the group.
2. If you do not yet have a MAX account, you must first fill out a short registration form. The form can be found at: https://max.omb.gov/maxportal/registrationForm.action. Once you’ve completed the registration form, you will automatically be added to the group.
Step 2: Visit the OPM Shared List online
Step 3: Have Questions?
- For more information on registering for or using the Community or the Shared List, contact MAXSupport at email@example.com or 202-395-6860.
For additional information regarding this shared list, please contact Jesse Frank at 202-606-0040 or Jesse.Frank@opm.gov.